selinux??

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:02:20 UTC 2016

Look.

I fully get the need for security.. But if I can't get the security
working as it should, but I still need to build whatever the project
might be.. the project is going to get created.

If running Selinux in permissive mode is enough, great, so be it. But
when it comes to policies, for differnt users, applications,
files,etc.. and the possiblity of screwing something up if you go
wrong, then you have a bit of an issue there...  And you can't simpy
tell someone, "if you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with
linux!" Not going to happen..

But hey.. to each his/her own.

My goal wasn't to start a war.. Lord knows there are plenty of those
on the 'net already!

Thanks to all who've replied.

ps. To all who've replied in favor of someone not really implementing
a fed/centos/linux instance unless secure, I take it you're also
illing to provide pointers/help if someone asks, yes? (And not just
saying go look at youtube vides, or read docs!!)

thanks!!