texlive

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Mon Jan 25 17:15:54 UTC 2016

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 16:32:04 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 01/24/2016 12:37 PM, Beartooth wrote:
>> 	Is there some reason I don't see to keep this enormous app, or
>> would I be better off just telling dnf to remove it??
>
> Try removing it with --assumeno to see what else would go away with it.

	Many thanks to all who replied! Even the OT comments interested
me. (I have a BA in pure math.) By way of comparison, my dissertation
(1970) was typed on an electric typewriter, and cut & pasted with
scissors and rubber cement; I never touched a computer till the early
Eighties.

	For the record, I never called texlive a word-processor; what I
did say was that it contained one. (That much was obvious just from
skimming the list of routines that got updated by dnf.)

	When dnf listed all the things it would delete, I typed the ones
I thought I might want into a second root prompt after "dnf install", and
ran it after the deletion finished. That'd've put back a baker's dozen
items from texlive, plus a couple for qgis, plus a couple of python
plotters -- stuff I might like, but would probably seldom if ever get
around to using. <shrug>

	Again, many thanks to all!

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.