smplayer volume control

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:35:33 UTC 2016

On 01/25/2016 11:23 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 01/25/2016 03:47 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:
>> For a long time now, the smplayer (from RPMFusion) volume control is
>> vertical, instead of horizontal, with a negligible height, so it's
>> essentially useless. This is still true with the latest version
>> smplayer-16.1.0-1.fc23, and even after deleting ~/.config/smplayer.
>> Do all
>> Fedora users see this, and can it be fixed?
>
> I am not using smplayer at a regular basis, but your posting caught my
> attention because am facing a similar issue with avidemux ;)
>
> I seem to be facing the same issue as you with smplayer. Therefore I
> would suggest you to file a bug against smplayer rpmfusion's bugzilla.
>
> Ralf

I am running:

SMPlayer © 2006-2016 Ricardo Villalba <rvm at users.sourceforge.net>

Version: 16.1.0
Using Qt 4.8.6 (compiled with Qt 4.8.6)
Using MPlayer SVN r0

The volume icon is a circle the size of O (upper case)
As such, it provides no movable scale for raising or lowering the volume.
You have to use the keyboard's * or / for raising or lowering the volume.