Audio CD burner question

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:53:24 UTC 2016

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 15:57:13 -0500, Fred Smith wrote:
>
>>> MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
>>> K3b could not load or find the MP3 decoder plugin. This means that
>>> you will not be able to create Audio CDs from MP3 files. Many Linux
>>> distributions do not include MP3 support for legal reasons.
>>> Solution: To enable MP3 support, please install the MAD MP3 decoding
>>> library as well as the K3b MAD MP3 decoder plugin (the latter may
>>> already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad).
>>> Some distributions allow installation of MP3 support via an online
>>> update tool.
>> as far as I recall, K3b wants "lame":
> No. LAME is an encoder, k3b wants a decoder. See above. It specifically
> asks for the MAD library plugin available in the k3b-extras-freeworld
> package.
After much much searching, I found this link which provides
the EASIEST way to generate and write CD text (in the absence
of the original CD):

I already have cdrdoa installed.
Read:
http://apocalyptech.com/linux/cdtext/

So using that info, created a script to achieve what I wanted:

#!/bin/bash

# Preamble
echo "CD_DA"
echo ""
echo "CD_TEXT {"
echo "  LANGUAGE_MAP {"
echo "    0 : EN"
echo "  }"
echo "  LANGUAGE 0 {"
echo "    TITLE \"Almbum Title\""
echo "    PERFORMER \"Artist's Name\""
echo "  }"
echo "}"

#  cd to dir where your .wav files are for the CD
for i in *wav; do
n=`echo $i | sed -e 's/[0-9]*\._//' -e 's/_/ /g'`
# The above step was necessary for me because I wanted to get rid of
each track's
# leading '<digits>._'  followed by the track title words which were
separated by '_'
# and those underscores were converted to space'

echo "TRACK AUDIO"
echo "CD_TEXT {"
echo "  LANGUAGE 0 {"
echo "    TITLE \""$n"\""
echo "    PERFORMER \"Artist's Name\""
echo "  }"
echo "}"
echo "FILE \"$i\""
echo ""
done > toc.txt

# And then burn as follows:
cdrdao write --device /dev/sg0 --driver generic-mmc-raw -v 2 -n --eject
toc.txt

I found editing these in k3b was way too tedious.