dnsmasq won't start

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:54:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 16:46 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 00:34 +1030, Tim wrote:
>>> Allegedly, on or about 25 January 2016, Patrick O'Callaghan sent:

>>> [root at localhost ~]# netstat -antuevp|grep 53
>>
>> Nothing comes up for my local machine.
>
> I figured it out (sort of). Turns out I'm running a virtual bridge
> network for VirtualBox on virbr0, and it was sitting on the port for
> some reason. Still not sure why but when I shit down that network it
> all started to work.

I'm not familiar with VirtualBox. Is virbr0 created (and used) by
VirtualBox? Or did you create it manually?

Or do you have libvirt installed (it's the default libvirt bridge name)?

By default, there'll be a dns server on virbr0 for natted guests, but
not for the host.