Screen freezes on Fedora 23, new system

John Maheu maheujm1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 00:03:13 UTC 2016

Ctrl-Alt-F2 does not work but I can ssh into the box. Once there everything
looks fine. Log files only really show DMAR: INTR-REMAP problem. I have
restarted gnome but it comes back with a screen flicker and very slow mouse
and keyboard movements. Only way to recover fully is a reboot.

While playing a youtube video today I had a freeze and I could use the
mouse click to start and stop the video but I could do nothing else.

I have tried Ctrl-Alt-SysRq with no luck. Have not tried the other
combinations you linked to.

Perhaps the Firepro is not supported with these kernels I've used. I did
see a post with it working with kernel 4.3 on Debian unstable.

Thanks for the suggestions.
John