NFS URLs in Nautilus on Fedora 22 stopped working

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 27 02:27:12 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 26 January 2016, Ranbir sent:
> You made me realize I hadn't actually tried to auto mount the NFS
> shares from the terminal. I went to my auto mount location and I was
> told there was no such file or directory. Then I remembered the last
> time I was trying to auto mount the NFS shares I had to restart sssd
> (I have auto mount configured in freeipa). Once I restarted sssd, the
> auto mounts started working again, as well as my NFS bookmarks in
> Nautilus.

Interesting to know.  I didn't know about SSSD and NFS.

I frequently have non-working NFS mounts, too, from a different cause.
If there's a power glitch, the network storage device often has the
wrong time and date, and Fedora refuses to talk with it until corrected.
And, yes, I have modified the start-up routine in the NAS to try and
make it reset the clock from the NTP server, but it often won't.  No
idea why, I can only guess it tries before the network is up.  I have to
ssh in, and go through restarting the two NFS-related servers on the NAS
(nfs-common & nfs-kernel-server) trying to get NFS to work again.

It's enough to give you the pip!  And, no, I don't want to use SMB
instead, that's a whole extra disgusting can of worms.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages