ssh colors vs. bash colors

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jan 28 03:18:18 UTC 2016

On 01/28/16 10:58, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed that when I ssh into a CentOS 7 Host I get slightly darker
> colors in the ls output compared to the local (gnome-terminal) bash.
> Since I'm using a dark background the darker blue used for directories
> for example on the remote host is harder to read then the slightly
> brighter blue used on the local system.
> Does anyone have an idea why the colors are different and how to change
> that?

You should have an environment variable of LS_COLORS.  Check for differences or simply
take the settings from the system you prefer and set it in the other system.  Normally,
you'd put that in your .bashrc if your using bash as your shell.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.