knotes

Walter Cazzola cazzola at di.unimi.it
Fri Jan 29 17:08:40 UTC 2016

Dear Linux Experts,

I'm running KDE (Plasma 5) on my Fedora23 machine and using knotes to
keep my notes.

I've manually upgraded them from the previous version of KDE and for a
while everything was going well but for some KDE internal problems
akonadi stopped working and I'd to remove all its configuration files to
have it running again. This implied that I lost my calendars, contacts
and notes (all managed by akonadi and kpim applications).

Re-adding the service has worked for calendars and contacts but not for
notes. In this last case knotes is starting but it is not showing my
notes (it is ready only for new notes).

My notes are still there in the directory

           .kde/share/apps/knotes/new

each notes in a separate file but simply invisible to the knotes
application. It seems that the note.ics file is empty and I don't know
how to relink it to the old notes.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Walter