ssh colors vs. bash colors

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 31 03:45:32 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 29 January 2016, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn sent:
> Now I only need to figure out what exactly "di=01;34" vs. "di=38;5;33"
> means...

di = directories to be coloured thus
01 = bold or bright (depends on the terminal which one it does)
34 = blue

If the third one is a set of ANSI colour codes, then I'd say:

38 = an extra colour beyond the defaults, so you probably have something
else that defines what that colour is
5 = flashing text
33 = brown (i.e. dark yellow), possibly this is a fallback option if the
other colour doesn't work

Alternatively, is it a set of RGB colour codes?  Like this:

38 = 38/256 of red
5 = 5/256 of green
22 = 33/256 of blue

But only an educated guess.

(I wrote fractions, as it's probably a red level of 38 out of a range of
0 to 255, darkest to brightest, respectively.)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages