dns question??

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:49:11 UTC 2016

Hey Patrick.

Thanks for the reply.

The situation will potentially scale/get to:
-50-100 instances on the rackspace/digitialocean cloud
-the process needs the ability to externally interface with a few of the
  boxes/instances via name as opposed to ipaddress (thus the DNS)
-the internal processes need the ability to be accessible from the other
 instances via name (again, the reason for dns) I'd prefer not to
 do ssh test at 1.2.3.4 to instances within the internal boxes/instances
 --names are much easier..
 --the internal machines for the most part are connected to other internal
   instances/boxes..  -- ie, will not be accessed externally

-while one could manage /etc/host files.. not looking to do that for
50/100 instances.. which is why the dns questions are being posed.