Unexpected system error Notifications

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Mar 1 22:12:22 UTC 2016

On 03/01/2016 02:06 PM, CS DBA wrote:
> All;
>
> I'm seeing this notification multiple times a day (from 5 - 30 minutes
> apart):
>
> Unexpected system error
> The system has encountered a problem and recovered.
>
> Name:        kernel-core
>
> Version:     4.4.2.301.fc23.x86_64
>
> Detected:   3 minutes ago
>
> Reported:  cannot be reported
>
> The kernel log indicates that hardware errors were detected.
> This is most likely not a software problem.
>

> I'm running Fedora 23, KDE Plasma Spin with KDE and Cinnamon installed.
> On a Lenove Thinkpad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen)
>
> I wonder if I should be doing something to trap & report?

Have a look at the output of dmesg. It may be apparent there what the
issue is. Most likely it's some bad memory or possibly some errant
firmware--either in the BIOS or a device (e.g. a wifi card or
something).

If it's not that, it could be your power supply starting to have issues.
Wonky power supplies do lots of odd things.