Newest kernel 4.4.3-300.fc23.x86_64

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 4 19:36:08 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 04 March 2016, Jon LaBadie sent:
> One keyboard acted up on Fedora, kbd swap cured the problem.  Swap
> back, problem back.  Moving mice and usb receivers did not affect the
> problem.

Just for curiosity's sake:

Have you tried different USB ports?  Some may not be supplying
sufficient power (particularly those on flyleads, rather than a port
directly on a motherboard or daughtercard), and a peripheral may act up.

Are you using USB extension leads?

 ... Side topic ...

In the past, I had continual problems with PS/2 mice and Linux, that
worked perfectly fine on Windows running on the same PC (the mouse would
suddenly start wildly whizzing about the screen, and clicking on things,
like it was possessed).  My eventual solution was to use USB
peripherals.  It made me wonder just what was wrong with how Linux dealt
with common I/O hardware.  Surely there's nothing unknown about handling
keyboards and mice, by this time?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages