hfsplus problems

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 5 05:12:13 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 04 March 2016, jd1008 sent:
> but as you know, fsck runs automagically when the system detects
> insertion into the usb port a storage device, and attempts to mount
> it, and find it was not shutdown cleanly, and runs the fsck.

Actually, I don't know that.  I was of the understanding that fsck is
not done on automounted devices, since I've never been aware of it
running on them (no lengthy delays), and have seen repeated warnings in
logs (later on) that fsck needs to be run on some devices that have been
plugged in.  The automounter has been happy enough to mount devices with
problems on them, for me, though that may well depend on the kind of
file system fault.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages