Chess under Fedora-23

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Mar 6 19:39:59 UTC 2016

Tim wrote:

>> So one has to start knights,
>> and then choose gnuchess as "computer engine".
>> This strikes me as slightly weird.

> Are you only starting things through the CLI?

I see no other way to start gnuchess.

> I don't play chess, so I don't install it.  But I did for my mother,
> years ago, and there was a menu item to play chess that just started the
> whole thing in one go.

As I said, the only way I see to play gnuchess with a chess board
is to start knights (either CLI or from the Applications menu)
and then choose gnuchess as the "chess engine".
Actually, I don't really mind doing that,
as I can choose to be black or white, with gnuchess as opponent.

> So, either see if you can start it that way, or have a look at what
> command line it used in the menu config.

I'm not sure what you mean.
I don't see gnuchess in any "menu config".

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net