Structural drawing CAD pkg, with 3D view of external appearance?

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Sat Mar 12 10:43:09 UTC 2016

List, good morning,

Looking for a CAD program to draw out floorplans etc for a new
building.  I've access to several 2D packages but does anyone know of
a package that could also display a kind-of 3D image of what the
structure would finally look like?  Eg, the vertical faces, roof
line(s) and overall shape.  We're running F23/XFCE.  I had heard
about, but never used or seen, a package 'sweethome3d', and there is
reference to it in (maybe earlier) repos, but dnf doesn't seem to find
it now.

I imagine people have tried to do this, before, and I wondered if
anyone could recommend anything?

Grateful for any advice,

regards, Ron