sshd logging changed?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 12 15:33:44 UTC 2016

On 03/12/16 23:23, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 23:14:50 +0800
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Is it fair to assume you've not changed the log level?
> Well, I've changed it now from INFO to ERROR, but I don't
> know why the messages suddenly started showing up in logwatch.

Well, those messages don't show up in journal but do show up in /var/log/secure.

In looking at another one of my systems that I do ssh into more often I see the Disconnect
messages back to Feb 17.

You may want to check those to see how far back they appear.  It may not be an issue with
sshd but something that changed with logwatch?

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.