Security of netinstall?

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Wed Mar 23 20:43:36 UTC 2016

When I install Fedora from a netinstall image:

Given that I initially

 - check the SHA256 checksum of the Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-23.iso
   file

 - check the GPG signature of the file which contained the checksum
   (the Fedora-Server-23-x86_64-CHECKSUM file)

Then:
How is the authenticity of the rest of the installation sources ensured?
I mean: During the installation, the installer in the netinstall image
will pull a number of packages from somewhere on the web; how does it
insure that the packages pulled are really the unaltered Fedora packages?

--
Regards,
Troels Arvin