OT: S..d by ATT and S..d by Google

Mike Wright nobody at nospam.hostisimo.com
Fri Mar 25 01:52:40 UTC 2016

On 03/24/2016 05:33 PM, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> My ISP, att.com, has blocked a number of European IP addresses,
> including two, which I badly need to contact.  Here's the skinny from
> the KDE forum, one of these addresses:
> ...[the blacklist] covers entire datacenters as our servers are all in
> completely different IP blocks, even at the /8 level and they're all
> blacklisted - and this is with at least two different datacenters run
> by different providers.

I commiserate with you. AT&T sucks :(

I just went through something similar.  Outbound port 25 is filtered to
only allow connections to *their* email server.  I'm not even confident
in their ability to put a stamp on a regular envelope.  After convincing
them that I know what I'm doing and am willing to accept the risks of
connecting the other evil servers out there they opened it up for me.