philosophy

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Mar 25 17:48:03 UTC 2016

On 03/25/2016 10:26 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Port 631 only needs to be opened for _networked_ printers--not local
> printers. While I agree that most people use networked printers

I was going to argue this point and then I remembered that the vast
majority of computer use is in business, where you might have several
hundred desktops linked to the same printer.  As far as home use goes, I
don't know.  My sister and I share what used to be our parent's
retirement condo, and we each have our own printer, but that might just
be that we already had them when we moved in here.