[fedora-virt] qemu+kvm obsoletes kqemu?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 10:33:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 04:28:21AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   (just another in a long list of trivial questions)
>
>   since there is no available kqemu package for f11, i'm assuming that
> bundling qemu and kvm makes a separate kqemu package redundant, is
> that correct?

There has never been a 'kqemu' package for Fedora. The kernel module
is not in the standard upstream kernels, and is unmaintained by the
QEMU developers with no sign of anyone caring enough to work on  it

That said our 'qemu-system-x86_64' / 'qemu' binaries should have
kqemu support turned on should you happen to want to build the
kernel modules yourself. It is effectively dead technology, and
crashy & unreliable so I can't really recommend anyone try it.

Regards,
Daniel