[fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: Augeas support added to libguestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Apr 21 08:45:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:53:20AM +0200, Ján ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:
> Another feature enhacement requirement:
>
>   can you add an option "--kvm" to use qemu-kvm instead of qemu? It's much
> faster (aprox 50%) on machines, which support hardware virtualization.
> Also you need to remove --no-kqemu option, which is not recognized by
> qemu-kvm. May be ability to run kvm may be autodetected in future, but I
> think, if there is no kvm support, qemu-kvm will run in normal qemu mode.

Yes, this needs to be sorted out.  It should also be possible to
choose which qemu/kvm/etc binary to run.

I also discovered that the -no-kqemu switch doesn't exist at all on
PPC, which is one of the reasons that it fails to run on that
platform.  There's another problem with PPC as well, qemu on PPC
doesn't seem to support the -initrd option.  As usual, since I don't
have a PPC machine it's hard to debug this.  Instead I hacked around
it:

http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=commitdiff;h=936108f54cbf8e81132a0a0a8c093a4056f0e11c#patch2

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)