[fedora-virt] end_request: I/O error, dev vda, sector 0

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 21:19:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Jerry James<loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just made a Rawhide virtual machine to see if it suffers from the
> same problem.  Zillions of copies of this message are being spewed to
> the console, although the machine itself seems to be running normally
> (if sluggishly):
>
> end_request: I/O error, dev vda, sector 0
>
> Any idea what that's all about?

On a Fedora 11 x86_64 host with the latest updates installed, I just
made a fresh KVM guest with virt-manager.  I made the disk image
fresh, too, just in case that had something to do with it.  I
installed Rawhide.  I cannot login through GDM for reasons I haven't
tracked down yet.  Sending Ctrl+Alt+F2 to the guest gives me a text
console where the message above is printed frequently.  Is anybody
else seeing this?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/