[fedora-virt] sysrq key when using 'virsh console'

Ján ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Wed Aug 5 07:30:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 04:26:39PM -0400, James Laska wrote:
> I'm not able to find if this exists or not, but in attempting to debug a
> problem observed in a guest, I need to grab output from several sysrq
> commands.
>
> Does the kvm ttyS0 console offer a sysrq hotkey when connecting using
> 'virsh console'?

Hello,

  I am interested too to use this function. There was "xm sysrq" for xen,
but I can't see any ability to send sysrq commands to guests in KVM.
My script for backups of virtual machines works better, if guest cache
is synced to disk using sysrq s command.
I think in Xen this worked over xenbus, not over serial console.

			SAL