[fedora-virt] Re: [Fedora-xen] [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 3.3.2 and 3.4.1 released

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 09:00:49 UTC 2009

Hi Gerd,

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 10:24 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > 3.4.1: http://www.xen.org/download/
>
> Great timing.  They managed to do the release just one day after the
> alpha freeze.  Packages are built, but they will not hit the repos until
> the alpha is done.  You can grab them from koji though:
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/xen/3.4.1/1.fc12/

See:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy

You can file a tag request to have it tagged into f12-alpha. I've done a
number of these:

  https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2051
  https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2052
  https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2053
  https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2060
  https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2088

The alpha has been delayed a week now and since problems in the xen
package are only going to affect a small number of bleeding edge
testers, I don't see why rel-eng would refuse the request.

Cheers,
Mark.