[fedora-virt] KVM Virtual machine mounting physical drive

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Thu Aug 13 05:57:19 UTC 2009

People,

I need to upgrade and I want to start using 64bit hardware that can do
KVM but I have a question before I start spending money:

I have been using Fedora since the beginning and regularly upgrade my
current hardware with each new version.  To minimise restoring data, I
have a pair of drives setup as RAID 1 (ie separate from other
partitions) that is used for /home .  So after an upgrade, I simply
mount /dev/md0 on /home.  Would I be able to do this from a virtual
machine in a new KVM setup?

Thanks,

Phil.
--