[fedora-virt] 2nd NIC hangs udev

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Aug 27 21:45:22 UTC 2009

This is on a F11 x86_64 host WITHOUT virt-preview.

This happens with F11 and F9 guests (both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures).

Installing and bootup works fine with the default NIC.  But, when I add a
second NIC (such as a privately network), I hang for a long time at Starting
udev.

The NICs mostly specify a "virtio" device but this also occurs if you specify
something else.  Both NICs use the same device type.

At first I thought I was really hung but waiting a long time (at least a
minute) breaks free and everything proceeds normally.

This does not happen on real hardware ... I have one system with two NICs and
another with three NICs are n\there are no "long pauses".

Any ideas??

Gene