[fedora-virt] another nfs problem with virt-manager

Rich Mahn rich at lat.com
Thu Jul 2 15:24:26 UTC 2009

Trying to create a new virtual machine using virt-manager.

Select Network install (HTTP,FTP, or NFS)

Enter the URL as nfs://machine/mount_loc
Nothing in Kickstart URL or Kernel Options
Check Automatically detect operating system

selet forward and get this error pop-up

"Error setting install media location.
Privilege is required for NFS installations"

When I started virt-manager from a normal account,
it asked and received the root password.

This was my attempt to get around the prohibition
against using nfs files (unfixed bug for the moment),
but this try didn't work either.

Any ideas?

thanks for everyone's help