[fedora-virt] Disk device performance in F11

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 20:09:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Dor Laor <dlaor at redhat.com> wrote:
> It might be due to different image caching defaults.
> Can you grab the current command line of qemu and change -drive file=xxxx,..,cache=writeback and retest?

As far as I can tell, virt-manager doesn't use the -drive option, but
just passes the name of the hard disk image as the last command line
argument.  That -drive option has a lot of parameters.  I have no idea
which I should set, or to what, or how to do that in the context of
virt-manager.

The virt-manager concept seems nice, but I abandoned it after using it
for only a short time in F-10 because (a) it didn't give me an easy
way to see what options it ultimately passed to qemu-kvm, and (b) it
didn't give me a way to fiddle with nonstandard options.  It looks
like I'm probably going to abandon it again in F-11 after only using
it for a short time, for exactly the same reasons.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/