Notes on building libguestfs on RHEL 5 (was: Re: [fedora-virt] libguestfs on non-Fedora targets)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 6 15:33:56 UTC 2009

(23) Unfortunately there's no augeas at all in CentOS 5.3 base
distribution.  We should really make support for Augeas completely
optional, since a lot of the time those aug_* commands won't be needed
by end users.

I don't have the stomach to make this change right now, since I'm
doing this on a green-screen terminal without even copy and paste
never mind such luxuries as the "WorldWideWeb" ...

I hacked around this for now, but noted the problem in the TODO file.

[More to follow]

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)