[fedora-virt] a few comment about the current virt pacakges

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Fri May 22 11:23:06 UTC 2009

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:23:01AM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> - libvirt BR qemu. why? which require all qemu package which require
>> openbios-ppc, vgabios, bochs-bios-data, etherboot-*. so this is a
>> dependency hell. imho it'd be useful to clean up!
>
> The build process wants QEMU so its a BR. There is no dependancy hell
> here unless you're using the wrong tools. mock trivially pull in the
> chain of deps as needed during build, so there's nothing to 'clean up'.

i can't build (since i don't have ppc) but i need it for qemu-system-ppc
which is needed by qemu which is needed by libvirt:-(
are you sure all of these req and br are required?

>> - this /etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml makes me crazy. since blow
>> up my current guest's configs:-(((
>
> That will only be created if it doesn't exist, so it will not impact
> things unless you have created another network with a clashing IP
> address range, which is trivially avoidable.

but if it's not exist then it's created and all guest will suddenly have
a new interface which may interfere with the existing network which is
very hard to find the reason!:-(