[fedora-virt] virt-viewer windows port

anuj rampal rampal.anuj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:30:49 UTC 2009

> i tried "./configure --sysconfdir=C:\pki\"
> but this didnot work...

When you say this "did not work", how did it fail?  The clue is
usually in the error message.

when i did --sysconfdir="C:\pki\" I expected that i have keep my
certificates under this directory(correct me if i'm wrong).
But it was still taking the certificates from
"Z:\usr\i686-pc-mingw\sys-confic\mingw\etc\pki" (in Windows).

--------------------------

Regarding virsh:

*virsh on linux mahine:*

URI tried from a remote linux mahine:

virsh -c qemu+tcp://FC11-KVM/session

virsh -c qemu://FC11-KVM/session

virsh -c qemu+ssh://FC11-KVM/session

virsh -c qemu+unix://FC11-KVM/session

all of these work fine
*
virsh on windows:*

on windows the supported URIs are:

virsh.exe -c qemu+tcp://FC11-KVM/session

virsh.exe -c qemu://FC11-KVM/session

URI "qemu+tcp://FC11-KVM/session" works fine. It gets connected and i can
call all the functions.
I have also written a small code on C#.net and i use this URI
(qemu+tcp://FC11-KVM/session) to connect to libvirt and call the functions
and it works fine without any problem.

Now the problem again comes with URI : virsh.exe -c qemu://FC11-KVM/session

when i rum me code using the above URI
this is what the error message that it gives:
Cannot access CA certificate
'/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem' : errno=2

So basically i need to change the the path it is looking in.....