[fedora-virt] Windows XP KVM annoyance

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 11:32:52 UTC 2010

> > even if it's the same layout
> > something almost certainly moved things or flipped a flag of some sort.
>
> Well, what?  it's a bug.

It certainly seemed a bit like a bug to me, but I also can't imagine
how it could keep things absolutely identical unless it did something
like save the details of the pci slots, interrupt assignments, etc.
in the .xml files it dumps, so when you reload the xml in a new
distro, it can replicate the details.

I've seen the dumped xml - it ain't got that stuff in there :-).

It isn't so bad when I'm just trying to boot the machine on a new
distro, but I thought live migration was part of the feature set.
This seems like an attempt to migrate from f12 to f13 would move
the hardware out from under me, something I doubt even a linux
KVM could survive :-).