[fedora-virt] Any guesses for spice in fedora?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 10:12:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 07:29:23PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I haven't quite worked up the energy to try building spice
> by hand or digging up an experimental repo, but I'm wondering
> if there are any guesses about when it might show up in
> a fedora release.
>
> Is fedora 14 too soon? (I might try to gather more energy
> to try it manually if I'll have to wait longer than that :-).

It is somewhat dependent on how well work to merge SPICE support into
upstream QEMU progresses. There is also some work on the core SPICE
infrastructure / protocol. We want to avoid adding SPICE to Fedora and
then changing the protocol, since people will obviously want to be
able to manage different versions of Fedora at the same time. If all
goes to pln, we might get it into F14 but I won't make an absolute promise
on that.

Daniel
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|