[fedora-virt] Slow virtio network startup?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 21:38:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:22:26 -0400
Tom Horsley wrote:

> Lots of holes to poke sticks in, no clue which
> one might turn up something :-).

Well, no solution, but some interesting info anyway:

I go into the device manager with the magic
system environment variable

devmgr_show_nonpresent_device=1

and show hidden devices and then proceed to uninstall
all traces of any redhat or realtek device drivers
so I can install from scratch.

I then reboot, and it takes 90 seconds for the
install new hardware wizard to appear.

Something just wants to hide the network interface
for a while at boot, no idea what.

I suppose I should file a bug, but I have no idea
what to file it against. Maybe qemu?

I'm tempted to change back to the emulated realtek
NIC and see if it takes 90 seconds to show up as well.