[fedora-virt] virt-v2v: "Didn't find a grub entry for kernel version ..."

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri Aug 6 19:38:38 UTC 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 10:18, "Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

>> The virt-v2v version is 0.4.0-1.
>
> This is pretty old.  Latest version is 0.6.something.  What is
> the host OS?

Sorry; thought I included that!  CentOS/RHEL 5.5 (both old host, new host and guest).   I ran v2v on the new host after copying over the image.

I also tried installing the regular non-xen kernel first, then moving the image and running v2v, but it gave me the same "can't find grub entry" error.

Finally I tried just starting the system (after booting on the xen host, making the non-xen kernel the default and copying over the image).  It looks like it'd just begin loading the kernel, but locks up using 100% of one of the host CPUs (the qemu-kvm process does).

  - ask