[fedora-virt] ANNOUNCE: virt-manager 0.8.5 and virtinst 0.500.4
crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 21:27:38 UTC 2010
I'm happy to announce two new releases:
virt-manager 0.8.5: virt-manager is a desktop application for managing
KVM and Xen virtual machines via libvirt.
virtinst 0.500.4: virtinst is a collection of command line tools for
provisioning libvirt virtual machines, including virt-install and
The releases can be downloaded from:
The direct download links are:
The virt-manager release includes:
- Improved save/restore support
- Option to view and change disk cache mode
- Configurable VNC keygrab sequence (Michal Novotny)
The virtinst release includes:
- New virt-install --console option for specifying virtio console device
- New virt-install --channel option for specifying guest communication
- New virt-install --boot option. Allows setting post-install boot
order, direct kernel/initrd boot, and enabling boot device menu.
- New virt-install --initrd-inject option, which enables installation
using a _local_ kickstart file (Colin Walters)
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release through testing,
bug reporting, submitting patches, and otherwise sending in feedback!
More information about the virt