[fedora-virt] VM Migration

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 10:53:43 UTC 2010

  Greetings.

Relatively new to virtualzation so bear with me..

Do we have somewhere good document on on how to setup virtualzation
environment that supports migration.

I just set up 3 blade servers for testing.

I installed on all of them RHEL 6 Beta and the virtualsation packages.

Created ssh keys and allow the machine to connect all to each other.

Created a storage pool on SAN that is shared by all the hosts and
mounted under /var/lib/libvirt/images ( default storage pool )

Created a RHEL 6 Beta test VM on one of the server with virt-manager (
0.8.4-3.fc13 ) on F13 and that VM image is present to all blades under
the default storage pool.

When trying to migrate that image to one of the 2 other servers with
virt-manager it fails with following error on the host it's being
migrated to.

libvirtd: 10:11:44.682: error : qemudDomainBlockStats:9678 : Requested
operation is not valid: domain is not running
libvirtd: 10:11:44.684: error : qemudDomainBlockStats:9669 : Domain not
found: no domain with matching uuid 'd7aae419-ed79-12cf-3597-6a0b067eef79'
libvirtd: 10:11:44.686: error : qemudDomainInterfaceStats:9741 : Domain
not found: no domain with matching uuid
'd7aae419-ed79-12cf-3597-6a0b067eef79'

So somewhere along the line I forgot to configure and start the domain
or is this a bug or compatibility issue with virt-manager-0.8.4-3.fc13
and RHEL 6 ?

JBG