[fedora-virt] Fedora 12 i686 - Virtual Machine Manager won't start

Brendan Whelan b_whelan at mistral.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 16:04:53 UTC 2010

Hi,

Around three months ago, on my test/development laptop, I setup a
virtual service and cloned it. I used the two versions without any
problem for a few weeks. Today, I tried to open the Virtual Machine
Manager but got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 404, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 345, in main
     from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 39, in
<module>
     from virtManager.details import vmmDetails
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 35, in
<module>
     from virtManager.serialcon import vmmSerialConsole
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/serialcon.py", line 22, in
<module>
     import vte
ImportError: /lib/libncurses.so.5: undefined symbol: _nc_set_no_padding

I have updated the F12 and rebooted but the problem persists.
Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem?

Thanks, Brendan