[fedora-virt] Guest resolution notabug?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sun Feb 14 04:06:04 UTC 2010

Paul,

So far as I know the max resolution of a KVM VM from VNC in virt-manager is 1024x768 with the cirrus adaptor type and that was added in Fedora 11.  See:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/VirtImprovedConsole

I think if you use another adaptor type your resolution options might differ.

----- "Paul Lambert" <eb30750 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I submitted bug 548626 regarding the fact that the guest VM does not
> recognize the fullest screen resolution of the host monitor. My bug
> report was closed as being "notabug." This was also identified as a
> bug in report 479792 previously. In addition bug reports 474831 and
> 509117 document screen resolution issues related to the guest. These
> bug reports were also closed with no corrective action.
>
> This is a bug and needs to be addressed.
>
> Paul

Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street
Belgrade, MT 59714