[fedora-virt] Guest resolution notabug?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Feb 17 10:27:03 UTC 2010

On 17/02/10 10:07, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 02/17/2010 12:02 PM, Tom Hughes wrote:
>>
>> So possible fixes would be to add more modes to the defaults that X
>> uses, or to make qemu respond to the DDC probes with some sort of
>> emulated monitor information.
>
> The latter has the advantage that the guest will determine the size
> itself. Anyone familiar with DDC? Do cirrus (and standard vga) support it?

Actually I'm starting to wonder if the vesa X driver does. What I see in
the X log with standard vga is:

(II) VESA(0): VESA VBE DDC not supported

which I had interpreted as meaning there was no DDC available, but it
may mean that the vesa driver doesn't support DDC probing?

It then goes on to exclude most of the default modes because the default
hsync and vrefresh limits are too low to allow them.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/