[fedora-virt] How do you disable hpet in a kvm?

Frederick N. Brier fnbrier at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 17:53:10 UTC 2010

On 06/09/2010 09:48 AM, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 06/09/2010 02:18 AM, Ján ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:
>>> Is it possible (and stable) to upgrade a Fedora 11 or 13 to
>>> libvirt 0.8.0+?  Could you please post a link to documentation on
>>> how to upgrade libvirt?  Is there a specific 0.8.0 version you would
>>> upgrade to?  Thank you.
>> I vote for F13 update to libvirt 0.8.0 too. :-)
>> Works well for me on one testing machine.
>>
>> Another solution is to use F13 + virt-preview repository. This contains
>> needed libvirt.
> Actually there are a *lot* of very good bugfixes in 0.8.1. If you're
> upgrading, you might as well go all the way.
>
> I don't know that there are pre-built packages for F11 anywhere; the
> quickest route to upgrading may be to get the source and build it
> (there are a few dependencies you'll need to install). (I also haven't
> tried putting libvirt 0.8.1 on F11, as I don't have any machiens left
> running it; it's possible there is a dependency in the new libvirt
> that isn't available with yum on F11, and you would have to build
> *that* package from source as well. If that happens, you'll just need
> to make a decision about when it becomes less useful to continue ;-)

I have followed all your suggestions, and it appears to have worked.  No
more rtc lost interrupt messages.  I upgraded the host to F13 using
preupgrade.  This was the second time I have done this, and it has
worked cleanly both times.  I then added the virt-preview repo, updated
libvirt and the related packages, rebooted, added the <timer> element to
the guest VM, and started the VM.  No annoying console messages.  Life
is good.  Now back to finishing configuring Asterisk.  Thank you VERY
much for all the help.

Fred