[fedora-virt] pxe boot again

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:37:22 UTC 2010

I had a similar problem booting the gpxe image from
boot.fedoraproject.org when I experimented with it.

If I just let it do the default boot it always claimed
it had network problems. (This was in a KVM image with
bridge networking and a dhcp server on the kvm host).

If I booted then entered the command mode and manually
ran the commands to tell it to define the interface with
dhcp then boot, it worked fine.

It really was like some part of the process just wasn't
waiting long enough for the network to initialize.

Maybe pxe and gpxe share the same logic in that vicinity?