[fedora-virt] Is it possible to automatically swap CD during Fedora install in KVM?

Li Ming lili at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 08:24:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

     I want to use python to write an auto-test script to test fedora
install CD in KVM,my idea is: use virt-install to create a guest with
arguments --cdrom FedoraCD.iso, then the guest will boot with CD,with
the kickstart or something, the install will automatically
continue,after CD1 is finished, the anaconda will prompt to insert CD2,
I want all this automatic,meaning my script should detect the CD1
completed,and then swap to CD2, then the install continue. Is this
possible for libvirt? I have successfully written a script to do DVD
text install(totally imitate DVD install),you can see it at[1], I know
for CD,it's a challenge,you suggestion is very important to me.

*[1]
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/autoqa.git?p=autoqa.git;a=blob;f=tests/anaconda/dvd_install.py;h=5bcd3500cb724ac49753619e83911a034435cb3e;hb=5e78f629dc6b8315812585ba9d5b4801145fb5f7

Thanks
Liam