[fedora-virt] Newby questions

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon May 3 22:53:53 UTC 2010

2010/5/3 Wout Perquin <wout.perquin at skynet.be>:
> Concerning Xen, and as part as "yum install xen-kernel xen
> virt-manager" , I got in the /boot directory the files xen-3.4.2.gz and
> xen-syms-3.4.2.  However I have no idea what to put in /etc/grub.conf to
> boot this kernel.

It will not work with Xen, last Fedora version which supported Xen as
a host (dom0) was Fedora 8...you can follow the progress on the
following link:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0

Just like other distros (Ubuntu for example), Fedora awaits Dom0
support in the Linux kernel, which is currently schedules for kernel
2.6.35. Until then, you'll only be able to run Fedora as a Xen guest
(domU), not as a Xen host (dom0).

Best Regards
Kenni Lund