[fedora-virt] xen 4.0.0 build/install notes/bugs

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed May 5 18:17:15 UTC 2010

On 05/05/2010 08:26 AM, M A Young wrote:

> I would have said this is something local to your machine, the install
> is finding a broken copy of pod2man in /usr/local/bin but the default
> Fedora location is /usr/bin/pod2man.

Oh, jeez (:hangs head in shame:).  Thanks, that's cleaned up now!

> Don't upgrade kernels with -Uhv , use -ihv instead. U will remove any
> old kernels, including the one you are running, which is generally not
> what you want. If you do want to remove kernels do it manually before or
> afterwards with rpm -e #full kernel name#

Ah, good to know.  I think I was trying to install the kernel and xen in
one transaction.  Assuming there's no need for xen to be upgraded before
the kernel is installed then that's just an error on my part.  I
probably tried it in the wrong order and failed, and just tried them
together rather than reversing the order.

Would this also trigger grubby (or is it grub-install?) to forget to
install the kernel with a xen kernel line?

Thanks,
-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle