[fedora-virt] portablexdr

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue May 25 14:01:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 02:17:51PM +0100, Tomasz Koziara wrote:
> Thanks for portablexdr - I am using it in a windows port of my software.
> I have one remark and one question:
>
> Remark: In the version 4.9.1 downloadable from your site at the
> beginning of the xdr_float.c you #define vax for MINGW32. This is surely
> wrong (and it does not work). Hence perhaps it would be worth updating
> the archive.

If you send me patches, I'll put them in the git repo.

> Question: portablexdr looks like work in progress and it has no been
> updated for quite some time now. Are you planning to release a "clean"
> version at some point soon? I mean - is this still alive?

portablexdr is in limbo.  Sun changed the license for the XDR code so
that portablexdr is not longer really necessary as a separate free
implementation.  However some sort of separate XDR implementation is
still useful on platforms that lack XDR or lack good quality XDR
(ie. *BSD and Windows).  Since there is no other Sun-based project
fulfilling this need, I'm still offering portablexdr.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top