[fedora-virt] performance regressions in Fedora 13?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 27 15:41:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:33:35AM -0400, Kenneth Armstrong wrote:
> I used kvm/virt-manager heavily in Fedora 11 (helped me a GREAT deal
> in getting my RHCT).
>
> Now, I'm trying to use it again in Fedora 13 to prepare for my RHCE,
> but I'm finding it a LOT slower.

The classic reason would be that you're not using KVM, but reverting
to software emulation (ie. pure qemu).  Did you install the guest with
acceleration enabled?  Is kvm-*.ko loaded?  What are the permissions
on /dev/kvm?  What's in the libvirt XML for the domain?

> I can't install with an ISO image on
> my external driver (using ntfs-3g), it keeps failing with a
> permissions error.

Whether or not this is selinux, this sounds like you should file a BZ.
It clearly should be a supported configuration.

Rich.