[fedora-virt] [Fedora-xen] Benchmarking Xen and KVM

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Fri Nov 12 15:58:08 UTC 2010

On 10-11-12 09:57 AM, Todd Deshane wrote:
> There is also an ongoing discussion about Xen vs. KVM performance on
> the CentOS virt list
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2010-October/002074.html

There are some interesting ideas and insightful comments there. I am
tempted to abort my own benchmarking, as it seems others are doing the
same. I think I will proceed though, until and unless someone there
releases numbers first.

As I mentioned before, I've hit a snag with my in-progress benchmarks.
I've filed a bug but I doubt I will wait for resolution. I'll need a bit
more time now to setup a RHEL 6 based platform (host and guests). I'm
still hoping to get most done this weekend, but I make no promises. If
not, I'll aim for the weekend after to finish.

Cheers

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com