[fedora-virt] virt. machines hang on boot after upgrade to f14

Michael Kuerschner michael.kuerschner at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 08:56:36 UTC 2010

Hello,

 on weekend I upgrade my Fedora from version 13 to 14. Yesterday I try
boot my virtuell machines thats I have configured under fedora 13
virt-manager, but no machine boot, for example Fedora, Ubuntu and
Windows.

If start a virtual machine, I see the BIOS screen and than it switch
to a prompt. The cpu graph in virtmanager show a constant line by
round 30% but the harddisk io graph show nothing.

I try something: reinstall the virt packages, erase the libvirtd
configuration and create a new virtual machine, with different hd
options, virtio, ide, scsi. I disable selinux and reenable selinux
with wrote the selinux flags new on filesystem. If I create a new
machine, I see the boot screen from cd-image but if it switch to the
normal boot, it shows only the prompt.

What can I do to run machines under f14? Or which information can I
send to you to locate the problem. I'm desperate and have no idea.

My hardware are an AMD Phenom X2 (, with enable virtuallisation option
in BIOS) and under f13 the kvm machines run and run .....

Kind regards
Micha

--
Beat me, whip me, make me use Windows!